Friday, April 23, 2010

Update from Brittany

Helloooo

         Mark's parents just left this morning and we so enjoyed having them! They also pretty much saved the day year with their mini van pulling trailor and willingness to help us lug all our crap and pack it into the Uhaul, and pull it all the way back to Michigan with them. We are so thankful. We now have hardly anything left in our apartment, and it kind of feels like camping. Good thing we like camping! We dont really have anything to cook with or a bed, but it should be fun. We woke up this morning and found our internet was shut off. Long story short, something got messed up on ATTs end, and while we got it sorted out we will not have internet til Tuesday night. Perfect, this will make things like working on school stuff, apartment stuff, and finding jobs muuuuch easier. Ugh!

         There is so much going on, and there are so many varibles that need to still be worked out, it is hard not to get overwhelmed. We are still waiting on approval from an apartment in Detroit, Mark still doesn't have a job in Michigan, we arent quite sure how or when moving in to our apartment (when/if we get it) is going to happen, we both still have to drive back to Michigan (weeks apart), and I still have quite a few things that needed worked out before school starts on May 10th. Yiiiiikes. We are trying to be patient and trusting God with everything, and remember that we are on the "same team". It is easy for me to get frusterated with everything and take it out on Mark, forgetting all the huge sacrifices he is making for me to go to PA school, and move back to Michigan, and that he loves me.

        I have recently learned that I cannot be anxious and thankful at the same time. God made my brain incapable of both at the same time. So I have found that whenever I am anxious (which is lots latley), I just start thinking of all the things that I have to be thankful for. It has been a very helpful stratagy.

        Well, Mark and I are at the church getting painting stuff together for tomorrow (we are painting the youth wing). Hopefully some kids show up to help!

 We tooke some fun pictures in the bluebonnet feilds which grow wild down here, and are beaaaaaaautiful!

Love,
Brittany

1 comment:

  1. Hi stinkerbell! I was so happy to read your post! I am SURE that God led you to those bluebonnet fields so He could remind you that you are absolutely immersed and surrounded in His LOVE!!!! When I saw these photos, I had a very strong physical reaction of warmth and uplifting....it was reassurance that the beauty of God's guidance is all around you - you just need to seek it out, which is exactly what you to are doing! May I have a picture of you in the bluebonnets?

    Dave and Tina are such a blessing. I am so relieved that they were able to take back the bulk of your stuff...I think you know what a huge thing this is. The next step is to get yourself here, have some sister (and Anna!)bonding, then figure out a plan for the next week in terms of getting you into a place. Don't immerse yourself too much in the "what-if's" kiddo (and you know that this is a vulnerability of yours :-)!) because you might lose sight of the bluebonnets if you do that.

    The relationship between you and Mark will be further fortified by all the challenges you two have experienced over the past year - I am looking forward to hearing all the "first year" stories during Christmas dinner, 2015! Be sure to remember that amidst all this stress, you became rockin' mountain-bikers, incredible cake-bakers, and crazy rattle-snake admirers. You've given of yourselves to a community you didn't even know on many different levels....I am so proud of you both.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete