Monday, May 10, 2010

The past few weeks....

.....have been crazy.
Yes, the past few weeks have been nuts, but they have been so great. I have gotten to spend tons of time with my sisters and mom, and while I miss Mark tonnnnnnnnnns, it has been wonderful to get to spend quality time with the fam before the craziness of school starts. I will try to recap the past couple weeks:

- April 28th - heard we did not get the apartment, and needed more work history documentation submitted. Ugh. (We were planning on moving in May 1). Had a mini break down/panic attack.

- Decided to leave Texas a day early

- My amazing sister Wendy let me stay with her in Tulsa (on a few hours notice)

- Drove (by myself) from Tulsa, OK to Plainwell, MI in one day. (Thank goodness for Harry Potter on CD, diet coke, and junk food)

- Babysat baby toddler Anna (for four days - and loved every second of it) :)

- Found out we got the apartment (Mark worked really hard getting everything turned in and faxed quickly)

- Met Mark's parents in Warren, and moved most of our stuff (including our king sized bed, couch, tv,  and entertainment unit) into our apartment. It was verrrrrrry heavy and tiring.

- Celebrated my mom's, Jenna, and Lex's birthday at Mongolian BBQ. It was tasty and we took lots of birthday celebration pictures.

- Watched tons of Gilmore girls with my Mom and Lex

- Got to see my little baby girls soccer team (well now I guess they aren't really "mine") play a game. Cold + rain + wind + 8 AM + 8 year old girls  = looooots of whining and not much fun. But it was great to see them!

- Went to Chicago. My mom had a work thing there, and we tagged along. We had so much fun, and Jenna, Lex and I shopped all day Tuesday. And miraculously got along practically the entire time. Shopping literally zaps my energy and I am done in 2.4 seconds, but other than that minor detail it was amazing.

- Hit a deer on the way home (somewhere in Indiana), and pretty much totaled the car. Police came. We had to sit on the top of a tow truck (the car literally strapped to the top of the tow truck, and we were sitting in it) while he flew (literally 85mph) down the highway. Had to stay in another hotel. This one wasn't as fun. Mom was pretty stressed out (go figure), but everything still managed to get along pretty well, and thanks to my hilarious sister Jenna, we had a pretty good time.

- Jenna and I came to Detroit to get my ID card for school, name changed, and to unpack some of my apartment. She was soooooooo helpful. She totally organized my bathroom, sorted and folded clothes, was comic relief, and we chatted the whole way there and home. It was great. Oh yeah and hauled a 8492000 pound desk up and into my room.

- My mom bought us tonnnnnnns of groceries to get me started off in my apartment, and it is such a blessing.

And now here I am in Detroit, sitting at Panera (because we don't have Internet at our apartment), with day 1 of PA school behind me, which I will talk about later. But one word to sum it up is : Yay! God is so good, and I cannot stop thinking about how much he has blessed me. Mark and I have a verse lately - Psalm 55:22 - "Cast your cares on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall". Mmmmmmmmmmm love it.

Here are some pictures of the events discussed above:

Love,
Brittany

1 comment:

  1. Honey, this is an awesome blog entry, and you recapped it all so well. Of course I think that Tina, Dave and I deserve a bit more "press time" from you, given our devotion of a Saturday and sore muscles to moving you in - but I do understand that babysitting Anna was much more eventful for you that day than a simple (?!?!) move-in :-) !

    Getting that week together was truly a blessing...we are so fortunate, all of us. I love your verse, and am taking it on as one of my "fortifiers." More GG and cuddles and just chatting next weekend - and of course, we will be your practice patients!!!

    Love you both,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete