Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cake Date!

Well, Mark has a new love. Cake Boss. The TV show on TLC. He loves the main character "Buddy" who owns a bakery with his family in New York. He talks really loud, says rediculous things, but makes awesome looking cakes. So Mark, and his artsy self, thought that we should try and make a cake. With fondont and everything, just "because". Honestly, at first I was not too excited, but when he showed me these recipies he found, and showed me his sketches that he made, I got pretty pumped. Sounded like a fun night to me! So here is how we spent several HOURS (I have never lasted so long cooking one thing in my life) last night.

1 comment:

  1. Mark, you are a man of MANY talents!!! A Detroit Tigers cake! And fondant! Amazing. It was actually quite impressive, and I particularly enjoyed the photo of Mark with the fondant all over his hands...looked kind of fun to play in. I can just imagine the birthday cakes your kids are going to have, with parents who are cake fanatics! I think you should send a picture of it to their customer service department and see if you can at least get free tickets out of all your efforts.

    Britt, I take it you are responsible for Mark's new buzz....very nice! It is great that you two post all these photos - I hope you keep it up. I know that life is going to get more complicated very soon, but you've begun a wonderful tradition. Thank you!!!

    Love,
    Mom Sheets

    ReplyDelete