Saturday, April 10, 2010

Latley


Here is a little recap on what is going on in our life:

- My mom and sister (Lex) just left on Friday and I am pretty bummed, we had suchhhhh a wonderful time, which mostly included laying around (while mom worked from her computer, and Mark was at work), and Lex and I watched Gilmore girls and sat out in the sunshine. My mom bought us lots of groceries, so that was such a blessing! I think I suffer from like post-excitement-depression. I get bummed when something I have been looking forward to is over (I realize this is normal, but I think I get more bummed than normal people). So anyway I am recovering from my depression today :). Some highlights from their trip were, getting our nails done, Gilmore Girls, soccer in the park, Dallas, and of courseee our luxury motel (the Motel 6 I recommended). It was so fun to just share our life down here with our family!

- Mark came to Dallas to pick me up at a hotel so my mom and sister would not have to bring me back to Abilene (we went to Dallas for the day/night), and we found a great deal ($10 tickets) for a Texas Rangers game that night. This meant we would have a day in Dallas so we bopped around and found this great little Mexican restaurant ate and walked around, found an Apple store (and drooled over their products), sat at a bookstore and read for a couple hours (Mark read a couple on mountain biking, and I read this book by a doctor of stories from his internship), we were in uptown I think, and everyone seemed really rich, and everything was very nice!
- Mark is still looking for jobs like crazy (I am trying to help), and it has been a bit frustrating. We know God has something planned, and we just are praying for wisdom and peace. This whole transition (moving, leaving down here, getting our stuff to MI, finding an apartment, starting PA school, finding Mark a job, blah blah) has been honestly really hard for us. We are both really scared, and have to remember that we are on the same team (and often say it out loud to each other) a lot. Most of me is so excited to see what God is going to do with our lives and how He is going to work everything out, and then a part of me is honestly scared to death.

Here are some pictures:
First is sweet baby Anna (yes, she is in a car, but it is parked), then a terrible picture of me and my pretty delish banana bread, next is a picture of the map we used to get to Abilene. Not even joking - its my mom's pocket sized atlas, Jenna was giving us some advice on what roads to take, it was pretty hilarious. Then is my sweet baby sister Lex, who is sunburned. Which was pretty much her spring break goal. And the last photo, while it looks a bit crazy, is all the fiber one bars we got. They were on sale for $3.50 for a box of 20 (which we usually buy at Sam's club for $7.38/box), which is crazzzzzzzzzy. The boxes of 20 rarrrrely go on sale, and we also have coupons for $1 off per box. And Fiber one bars are sooo gooood, and we eat them everyday for breakfast, and so seized the opportunity and stocked up. It was great. :)





Looooooooove,
Brittany
P.S. Mark will post soon. Promise.

1 comment:

  1. Mark and Brittany, you two were AWESOME hosts while we were in Texas! We had so much fun just hanging out with you two. Mark, it is so obvious that you are well- liked and much-respected at St. Paul's....I know that leaving is so hard, and it is so admirable that you both take a big picture view and simultaneously charge ahead in working out all the details. Wish I'd been that mature at age 24. And I just smile as I listen to you gloat about the terrific Fiber 1 bar "find." It is so wonderful that the little things in life delight you both (even if it's rattlesnakes - still can't get over that one!).
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete