Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cruise, Chaos, Cooking...

Well family and friends, it's good to be back blogging and keeping you filled in with our Texas adventure. Much like the rest of our lives, these past weeks have been chaos! I have had some tough situations to deal with at work, but I feel like I'm moving in the right direction. It's tough being the person in authority! I've been doing a lot of planning for a retreat too, it's weird being on the planning side. I'm really excited about the retreat, but please, I need your prayers! Both for my leadership and for Brittany's sanity! She is such a trooper! And is so supportive, I love her so much! (This is a picture from our honeymoon, ps.) Brittany is the cute girl in front and I'm the huge white thing in front, incase you were confused...So, we are going to a Super Bowl party and are doing are best to be real adults and bring some food to the party. Brittany made some dynamite marague(don't know how to spell is close enough for spell check to recognize it, but it's the white fluffy stuff. On second thought maybe we should have included a picture so you would know what I am talking about...) cookies, but those aren't pictured because we aren't bringing them! We are bringing these chocolate chip cookies she made though :)

And I made jalepeno poppers! I'm pretty proud of myself, they took foooooorever......... But they look awesome though.


This is me, so proud of myself :) Also, don't I look a lot less fat than my first picture on this post?? Well, thanks to the gym on my shirt (of which we are proud one month free trial members), my wife's healthy cooking, and our budget that doesn't allow us to eat out, I'm trimming up a little bit! (camera angle helps too...)

We enjoy watching our Spartans play basketball on tv, even though they are losing lately, we are Texas' biggest spartan fans! It reminds us of home, which we miss so much! Mostly you guys, not so much the snowy cold. We do hope that you are enjoying the snowy cold though ;) I'm bummed that I have to give my bride up to the friendly mitten for valentine's day, but sometimes you just have to share... We love y'all so much and Brittany says she will post soon too!


2 comments:

  1. I love you both. Mark, can we please catch up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mark, I am so glad you are my son-in-law....what a super post! I loved the photos of the poppers (wow - I'm impressed!) and the cookies (ditto, Britt!), and you really do look thinner! It sounds as if you two are having a wonderful time...guess the challenges at work are God's way of reminding you that life here on earth just isn't perfect. And let me take a guess as to why you didn't take the merangue cookies on your little outing.... :-)! Take care, Mark - prayers are with you from us. And also, much praise to HIM for blessing you with such a generous spirit to share Britt on Valentine's Day!
    Love,
    Joan/Mom

    ReplyDelete