Monday, February 15, 2010

Pictures of Michigan

Okay so now I am updating about my trip to Michigan (after Mark told me that I had lied to my readers - sorry Mom). Well, once I got to MIchigan (late Saturday night), I had a GREAT time. After my plane getting cancelled Thursday AM, then again Friday AM, Saturday morning when we got rerouted all over Texas, it didnt seem so suprising. I was like "why wouldn't I be sitting in some random airport that is not along my flight path?" Anyway, Saturday my mom and sister Jenna were waiting for me at the airport, it was sooo great to see them! We went to McDonalds to get a diet coke, which I love SO much, and it was so nice to have my mom pay! Then I went home and just chatted and they fell asleep pretty quick, and I waited for Lex to get home from Gull Lake's snow dance or whatever. She came home and it was super exciting. We stayed up really late talking, and it was just so much fun. Being home just makes my heart happy :) Then Sunday church at Richland Bible was amaaaaaaaazing. People shared their testimonies, and the music was sooo good! It was really refreshing!! And Lex played violin with the praise band, which I love. I got to see lots of my small group girls and several friends, it was really exciting (yes, I realize I have only been gone 6 weeks, and so this might seem a little overly dramatic, but it is how it felt!) Then, we went home and napped in my moms bed - which is one of my alltime favorite things ever. My mom made my favorite chicken and rice dish and then Lex and I went to small groups (I co-led a group this fall that meets at the same house as Lexy's). It was fun to be back and hang out with the girls!
Monday my mom took off work for the day, and I got to sleep in and babysit Anna. We took her out to lunch and got to play with her and snuggle with her and take a nap with her, just like the old days :) She is getting HUGE, and can talk, and is so presh. I will cut myself off from going on and on about how much I love Anna, and spare you all. But it was heaven. Lex came home and played with us, and I just bopped around with the fam. Tuesday was great too! I went out to breakfast with Mandy Fernihough (who did our premarital counseling with her husband Michael). It was soo great to chat with her, and I just adore her. We went to Panera (which we dont have here in Texas, and it was tasty! Then, Lex came home from school early (she had this terrible sickness this week and just needed to hang out lots to make it feel better ;), and we went to the mall and to Olgas for lunch. We just chatted for a long time, and went and picked up Jenna, and went to Old Navy, and just goofed around. We have so much fun together and we all got along verrrry well (which sometimes doesnt happen). We got smoothies and Auntie anns and life was great. Then I dropped Lex off at muscial practice and met Bethany for coffee (aka hot chocolate). She is getting married in May, and it was fun to talk about weddings! I am glad wedding planning is over, being married is SO much better than planning the wedding! Anyway, that was super fun and she is just so great. Wednesday, I dropped my mom off at work so I could have her car, and drove up to Lansing to hang out with Ashley! It was soo great. We went running, and ate at Cancun, and just had suuuuuch a great time. Then I came home and went running with Lex (twice in one day?!) and then went to pick up Mom at work, she dropped my off at Jenna's apartment and we went to the Western basketball game. Her boyfriend plays for them, and is reallllllly good! Its fun to go to games when you know some of the people! Then we went to Applebees and got half price appitizers. Then Thursday Lex came home early again from school and we just hung out, watched some Gilmore girls and she took me to the airport. It was alittle sad, but it was such a great time at home, and I was excited to get back to my smoking hot husband, so it felt good. Everything was just so great, and I love being home - and it was so great to come back to Mark!!! We had winter retreat, which he is blogging about riiiight now! Get pumped!

After FINALLY making it to Michigan (I will write more about thattttt later), but I have some pictures to share...



2 comments:

  1. Brytt, be careful. There is a ceiling there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 happy girls in my own living room, fully loving the moment they're in....life is good! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete