Monday, February 8, 2010

Life from Brittany's perspective!

Well, Texas is still pretty great, but I had a rough little bit of homesickness last week during the week. Not quite sure what it was, I think too not having a job, or a life of my own down here is just different than anything I have ever experienced. Its up and down (mostly up!).

So, like I said I have no job...which is kind of frusterating, we are hopeful though. I have been going to a BSF (bible study fellowship) bible study on Wednesday mornings for two hours, which is really awesome. Its mostly older ladies, but I always learn a lot, and feel so great (and independent - I can get to the church all by myself!) after I go.

Like Mark said in the last post we have been going to a gym. I loooooove it. We both do. The classes are seriously so great, and its nice for someone to just tell you what to do and get a great workout without having to think too much! We go after he gets done with work (I meet him at the church) then we head over. We could never afford it on our own, so we are soaking this up while we can!!

We had a really great day yesterday! I go to Sunday school with a young adults group (without Mark, because he teaches the high schoolers), and I enjoy it, there are probably ten people, and it seems to be growing! The sermon was great yesterday too, the senior pastor Eddie talked about doing radical things for Jesus. Then we went out to lunch with people from my Sunday school class. It was soooo great spending time with young couples!! Sundays have a requirement for me for a nap, so I fufilled that duty while Mark did some work. Then after a great little nap, we went to the Borcharts (Deb works with Mark at the church, and they have two kids in the youth group, and twin 8 year old boys). We have been over for dinner before, and they are just so great to us! So we hung out with them, and watched the super bowl and ate lots of amazing food and chatted. Marks poppers turned out great (I dont actaully eat them because they are too spicey for me - but word was they were great!) and Deb is the best cook! They are so much fun, such a great family, and we really love them! Oh yeah, Deb is the one who invited me to BSF too, so she goes to that with me too.

I am going home for the weekend coming up here, and I cannot waitttt!!! I know I am leaving my husband on our first Valentines day! But he has been great, and the timing with my sisters school just worked perfect this weekend! And I am babysitting Anna all day Friday (and we all know how excited I am for that). Yayyy. So thanks mom for the ticket! I am literally counting down hours!

I should mention how much I love being married. I seriously love it. I love hanging out with Mark all the time, and I love our cute little apartment, and making food, and just everything. Mark has been so great with me, and so understanding of the homesickness that comes sometimes, and so sensitive of all the changes. We play monopoly (on our computers against eachother) and scrabble a few times each day (which officially makes us dorks), but we have a lot of fun! Monday nights Mark evvvven watches the Bachelor with me. He comments on evvvverything, and really hates the guy, but if that is not a loving husband I dont know what is! We also go to Rosas every Tuesday night after spinning class for Taco Tuesdays. They have 3 tacos with rice and beans for $3.33. Amazingggg food too! We sit there for a really long time and chat and soak up free refills. Anyway, thought I would just share what life is like down here!


Love,
Brittany

2 comments:

  1. Hi Honey! Great to read all the wonderful details of your blog entry....it is super to get all the little facts (free refills, the price of dinner, etc :-)!!) because I can just picture you chatting away as you would be telling them to me. I so miss your chattiness, and am so excited to see you this weekend!! Love to both of you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete