Sunday, January 24, 2010

Some reasons why I love Texas/Abilene/Being Married

Just thought that I would share some things that I love about being down here...

- Being married is literally the coolest thing ever. I totally feel like we are playing house, and its so great, its so fun that we get to hang out every day together. Loove itttt!

- The weather is amazing down here. 80s in January?? I'll take it!

- Chick Fil-A and Jason's Deli - 2 fine restaurants that have yet to grace the north with their presence.

- People are conservative down here.

- Fox news is on everywhere you go.

- Mexican food is amazzzzzing, and I have had more the three weeks I have been down here than I have in my entire life.

- Its sunny here! Remember sunshine Michigan?

- Things are close by, like the stores and restaurants are like 4 minutes from our apartment.

- Its fun decorating our cute little apartment.

- I love that Mark works at a church, full of people who are encouraging to us, and soooo kind, and that I can go to work with him, and be a part of his ministry.

- Playing scrabble every night with Mark.

- Learning to cook has been really fun. Mark has ate some pretty terrible meals (well one), and its fun to try new recipes. I am actually so surprised how long things take to make - we are learning patience :)

Anyway, I just wanted to share some things that I enjoy about being down here. I miss home, and seeing my family a lot, buuuut I enjoy it down here!

Love,
Brittany

1 comment:

  1. Hi you two! Sounds as if married life is agreeing with you...love to hear all the high points of your lives! You don't need to rub it in about the sunshine/temperatures, but WE love that YOU love it! Wish I could witness some of the cooking escapes (having been on the receiving end myself a few times last fall :-)!) Thanks for sharing - keep it up!
    Love, Mom/Joan

    ReplyDelete