Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tigers!!!!

Had a great time at a Tigers game this past weekend :)  Brittany had our first guests at our apartment here in Warren, so we got to practice our hospitality!  Jenna, Martelle, Alexa and Ben all came over for the game and spent the night. 

So much fun!  The game was ultra hot and muggy, but the Tigers won, so it doesn't matter :)  I sat next to this nice young couple with an infant.  I thought this was an interesting place to take an infant, but it was father's day and I guess this was how he wanted to spend his time with his family, hahaha.  I had a front row seat to things that I never thought I would see at a ball game.  He made formula, quieted the baby when it cried(wasn't a huge fan of the baby when it cried), and to top it off, changed a diaper in his seat(I was especially not a fan of the baby when it decided to do that).  However, this guy completely redemed himself for the whole evening when he showed me the weather radar on his iphone.  Which helped me rally the troops back to our car.  Which, we literally shut the doors to the car and the wind picked up and storms came in. 

I drove Alexa's van back to our place in the monsoon, with only one headlight and I'm not sure that her wipers had blades on them, because they weren't moving much water off the windshield.  Well, we made it home and played apples to apples and watched Evan Almighty.  So much fun.  I made snacks and we goofed around all night.  The girls got to sleep in the bed and us guys spread out in the living room.  And in the morning I made waffles!!! 
This is Alexa's new boy friend that she is hiding from her Mom.... 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark - great post! I am glad you got to sit by the guy with the baby at the game...I am in no hurry for any grandchildren and although I think you will both be GREAT parents when the time comes, it sounds like the little guy provided some "real life" perspective. Although I do think it's great that he took his dad to the Tiger's game for Father's Day!

    So the van doesn't have a headlight....? Mmmmmm..... Thanks. Maybe the new boyfriend is mechanical.

    Love you tons, and thanks for keeping us updated on your lives.

    Love,
    Mom Sheets

    ReplyDelete