Friday, June 25, 2010

Brittany's June Update :)


Its meeeeeeeeeeeeee! And blogging is literally the last thing I should be doing, but I thought it would be a nice little break from studying. I have 3 huge exams Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday next week, so have been studying like crazy. The exams include a performance exam with vital signs, skin, eyes, ears, mouth, neck, and lymph nodes. We have to say approximatly 348,429,990 things in 21 minutes. Yes 21. At a testing center, with an actor, and our teachers are sitting in another room watching  us on video camera. And its pass or fail. Eeeeeeeeeek. We had a little taste of one, and it was on taking vital signs, and it was 5 minutes, and I almost failed that one (I was too slow, and like so nervous my heart was going to pop out of my chest). Anyway, then Tuesday I have a test in clinical medicine, over pulmonary. I feel alright about that. And a site visit at Detroit Recieving. Then Wednesday we have anatomy. Over heart, lungs, digestion, urinary, and reproductive. Seems like a lot? Oh yes it is. And the sad thing is, I felt pretty good before we started this section, like oh the chest and abdomen is going to be easy, I mean heart, lung, kidney, liver, oh yeah, I could totally identify those in a cadiver. Didnt realize there were so many arteries, and other structures involved. BUT, this class (well all of them really) blow my mind with how crazy awesome God is. Like each structure is so perfectly designed, and its just crazy. I dont know how you can learn about the body, or health, or anything really, and not believe in God. Big bang, really?

Anyway, besides being super busy with school, life is really great. Mark and I have been getting along very well. With the stress of school, and his job hunt still going on (and consequently the zero dollars a month income), and the new area, and how stressful it could be, it really is great. We laugh and joke and get the giggles. Mark cleans (I have not done dishes in weeks), and does laundry, and vacuums, and cooks dinner most of the time (only twice has the fire alarm been set off - haha). So pretty much I have a stud of a husband. Oh yeah, and he rubs my feet almost every night while I study on the couch. Such a blessing. I feel like this is kinda like our life, I remembered it from the movie Benjamin Button, which I didnt really watch, but remember this scene, and if you add me studying all the time, waking up at 6:30am, and add some more furniture (thanks to Mark's fam), this is totally us (click the link) Benjamin Button Scene. Just watched it again, and with our moms being our primary blog readers, this might be a little inapprop, but I am leaving it, this is a history of our life :)

Mark is in Holland this weekend for a wedding, which is tonight. I so wish I could have gone, but I just could not afford to miss the study time. And it was a Friday wedding too, so with class, it makes it really hard. (on a side note - we have been invited to like 6 weddings this summer, and 5 of them have been on Fridays, how crazy is that?) Oh yes, best news ever - I dont have class next Friday! So I get to come home Thursday! For a 4 day weekend. I literally cannot wait. I want to lay in my mom's bed watching the Gilmore girls getting my back rubbed (yes, I am 24, and this is still one of my favorite things in the world), and see my sisters. And Anna. I had to throw it in. Literally cannot wait to see that little nug.

Our apartment is getting really cute. Actaully it is really cute, probably not going to get any cuter in the future, due to all our money going to school. I love it. The only bummer thing is it is a sweat box. It is so hot. And we can't justify turning on the air. We did one night when I had a test the next day and was so hot I could not sleep, and when our guests were here (they should feel honored). Today I walked in from school, and was like oh wow it feels cool, and realized it was 84 degrees. Ha! Oh well! We get free heat in the winter, so we are going to milk that for all its worth!!! (Mark will hate that!)

Here is a picture...

Anyway, that about sums up our life. God is so good, and has blessed us so much.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Honey -wow, you sound so upbeat and happy! That's great. I even liked the BB clip.... amazingly, parents actually do know about things like that. Still, i get the point, and despite your poverty and lack of "stuff," life is sweet and it is wonderful that you recognize that.

    I totally agree with you about God and anatomy -how could any of his perfection occured with "big bang?!?!?" Totally impossible.

    Can't wait for you to be home! It's pretty pathetic that our life pleasures come from GG and back rubs....but maybe not :-).

    Love you tons,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete