Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Memorial Day :)

Well, in my ever present struggle to keep this blog current, I thought that I would give you updates on Memorial day weekend.... Hahaha, maybe someday I will stay on top of things moreeeee.

We had a great weekend and had the opportunity to travel the small distance to the west side of the mitten.  It's funny how short 3 hours feels in comparison to 20+ hours of travel.  What an incredible blessing it is to be able to see family and friends over the weekend.  I can't tell you how great it was to see everyone and be back "home."  There is just something comfortable about the little things.  The climate, the humidity, the trees, the cool breeze, the bottle returns, the microbrews, and the mosquitos that just just make you feel like home!!! 

On that friday of Memorial weekend we sped(without exceeding the speed limit, Mom) to Plainwell to attend a friends wedding.  The guy Peter, played guitar in our wedding and is super awesome!  We actually missed the wedding but made it in time for the reception.  That was just the way it worked out with Brittany's school schedule and the time of the wedding.  Oh well.  The reception was cool.  Oh yeah, my wife and I, being the classy people we are, changed into our "wedding clothes" in the parking lot.  I probably shouldn't be telling people that, but it's who we are.  Now you know...  The reception was awesome, we had a great time and saw a lot of friends and there were lots of jokes and people watching.  It was just good times.

On Saturday I actually spent most of my day out with my mother-in-law.  I am very blessed with a great mother-in-law.  She took me to the mall to exchange a hat and then we went to my favorite store ever, Samssss Club.  So many treatsss.  After that we rented a carpet cleaner and I cleaned the carpet in her house.

That night we had the pleasure of babysitting Miss Anna, Brittany's favorite person in the world, barr none! 

On sunday, we out to one of my favorite places in the world, Sandy Pines!  I love it and hadn't been there in such a long time.  The atmosphere out there is so relaxing and super chill.  It's just so summer.  My favorite part would probably be just cruising around on golf carts.  We mostly just hung out with my parents and chatted all day.  My dad and I did play a little round of disc golf, which was cool.  Actually it was hot.  To much sun.  The sun pretty much forced us to go out for ice cream after that:)  The ice cream place is crazy there, it's every chubby kids dream.  The portion size is probably equal to what you would see on Man vs. Food!  After that I went out and dug in the woods for worms that I could go drown.  And in the process of drowning the worms(that's code for fishing, because I don't catch very many fish...), I did manage to catch a bush and a tree, twice.  So, all in all, it was a good day of fishing, two maples and a shrub.  After that we settled in for some cake.  Good stuff!  So great to see my parents!

After that we went back to Brittany's Mom's for the night. I had a good sleep in and then started doing my handy man routine.  Don't worry, it's not all work.  We actually had a monsoon hit that day, and you know the rule, when a monsoon hits, go out and play in it.  So we went and played in the rain, soooooo fun.  After that, we pretty much dried off and headed back home(back to Warren).  Such a terrible driveeeeeee.  Remember that monsoon that I mentioned previously???  Yeah, pretty much drove home in that.  Good thing Pearl(Brittany's Honda Fit) is roughly the size of a large rodent, and therefore not effected by someone sneezing or even shifting their weight in it....  Any way, we made it home and had a great great weekend.  We certainly hope that you had a great one too!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog entry, Mark!! Loved your pictures, and appreciated your kudos. It was a lovely Saturday that we spent together from my point of view, too. You're an easy guy to be with.

    I certainly hope that you and the fam line up in Brittany's "faves" before sweet little Anna, even if it's just a hair, but I am not going to ask her since I really don't want to hear the answer!

    So glad you enjoyed all of your Memorial Day weekend - I really appreciate all the help you gave me around the house. We did have lots of fun, didn't we? Glad you got some time with your folks too.

    Love,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete