Thursday, May 21, 2009

My home away from home

Well, I thought it was fine time to fill you in with where I'm living. It's this great little brick house in the suburbs. It sticks out in the nieghborhood because every house is a one story brick house. Hzhaha! I'm still having some problems finding my way around the nieghborhood because everything looks exactly the same! There are a lot of birds around too, but no robins. Lots of blackbirds, doves and blue jays. And lots of others that I have no idea what they are. They have cool little ones with really long tails, but I have no idea what they are. Something to research I guess. Back to the house, it has AC, which is all you need to know, because it's hotttttttttttttt down here.This is my room, nothing special, just a room. I choose to picture the ceiling fan because it's my bestfriend. I love love love it, and don't know what I would do without it. Also, I just noticed the huge stack of pillows in back there. When I got here, there were six pillows on the bed, and I brought two of my own. When those got on the bed, there was no room left for me, so I had to move the pillows. I know, rivoting story, but that's just a part of my life down here. The sheets are a nice pink too. Nothing sucks the testosterone out of your body quicker than pink sheets!

Oh yeah, one last thing, my church keys! I can get anywhere in the church with these bad boys. Pretty cool, I know. So I'm really looking forward to exploring the church with some more detail. I will make a post someday about the church building, so get pumped.

Last thing, I promise. I got to interview and hire an intern today! That was fun. I've never hired anyone before, or interviewed them for that matter. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with him yet, I was just told that I could have one. So this should be interesting. He is a cool guy, his name is Austin. And I found out today that I get to plan a mystery trip! Exciting day at work! I will post later about the youth group too. Thanks for reading, I really appreciate y'all ;)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mark! Wow - an office with a window (which I don't have), keys to anywhere in your facility (ditto), and an intern (this is the only area in which I am keeping up with you!!)...I'm impressed! My heart is with you on this, your first weekend "officially" living away from home AND your birthday weekend. You have a great attitude, you're telling us great things (seriously, I love your details!!), and you're sending great pix - keep it up! Lots of love/mental hugs are coming your way from 358 Shangri-la!
    Blessings to you,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the window is a big deal! and the church keys...i smell trouble :) How exciting about the intern...he can do all the things you don't want to but I am sure you will teach him a lot. Its great being able to keep up with you through your blog i am a faithful follower :) talk to you soon.

    ANd Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark, I love the pictures. What a great way to keep up with you are doing. It looks like you have a great place "to bunk" for a while. Is that Texas talk? I can understand getting keys to that great office but the entire church; wow am I impressed. I had no idea that they were going to give you a real person, treat him well. Talk to ya soon. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete