Monday, May 18, 2009

First days in Texas

Here are my photos of Texas!! I promise that more will come. The first is just a random sculpture that I found in Abilene, I thought it was pretty cool. It's a giant skull of a bull if you couldn't tell, but y'all ;) are pretty smart, so I'm sure you knew that already. The next is the office that I walked into! The kids decorated it all nice for me to feel welcome and I sure did. I'm a little overwhelmed with everything job-wise, so I'm sure that later I will fill you in about that.
This next picture is of me with the Texas sign at the welcome center. I had to run across the street to get this one, but I thought that you would appreciate it Mom! And the last picture is of me and the famous Red River. It was actually Red! I thought it was just a name, but it's a description too. I'm trying my best to acclimate myself to the local geography, but struggling a little bit. It's kinda like that first day of vacation where everything is new and if you blink to long you might forget where you actually are, hahaha! But I'm managing. Thanks for following my journey so far and I will do my best to keep you guys updated. I love all of you and miss you sooooooooo much already! -Mark










2 comments:

  1. Oh great fun Mark! That's so cute the kids decorated your office! You will have to put your personal touch on it soon so it's a little less blah. Where's the MAC? How are you liking it? They are easier to get used to then I expected. I get to use one this weekend when I house/dog sit...oh great fun.

    So I am pretty sure I am going to get the internet for the apartment. I found a package with AT&T for $20 a month. I figured it will be nice to have it so Brytt can talk with you while she's here so much over the summer and so I can use it too. AND then come January I will have to have it SO I'll just get it now.

    Texas seems pretty cool I can't wait to visit sometime. Just don't totally fall in love with it 'kay.

    Talk to you soon!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, I think that the picture of the Texas sign was worth risking your life for. The office picture is great, the kids seem to have a lot of decorating talent. Who would have thought that you would have an office with a window at 22. WOW that is awesome. I love the Blog. MOM

    ReplyDelete