Sunday, August 15, 2010

Update!!!

This past week, I had the distinct pleasure of teaching Alexa how to change a tire.  For some reason, that I cannot figure out, she decided to drive over a screw, which punctured her tire.  Alexa was a great student and dominated the spare tire.  I have full confidence in my student that if she were to decide to run over another screw, that she could handle herself and change her tire :)
Anna was prrrobably the biggest help...
Here is Alexa with her new friend Jack
One of the most traumatic events recently was Alexa cleaning her room.  This was a multiple day extravaganza that included rakes, shovels, a small crew of day laborers, and a dump truck.  One of the things that was unearthed was her collection of nail polishes.  I'm  not sure if we actually counted them, but there was well over a hundred bottles of polish.  She mentioned that her life's passion was nail art and wanted to open a nail salon.  We'll see what happens.
Here she is, in all her glory
This is Jenna just being a snuggie
Room for two more??  Brittany and Lex decided to pop by!!!  And D.O.G. wanted to participate
I literally have no idea what is going on here and don't know why it's on our blog. 


This is actually a long story, but I will try and summarize it for you.  A couple of weeks ago, Jenna and Alexa lost Pearl's keys (Pearl is our Honda Fit's name).  The keys literally disappeared.  So, after scouring every square inch of the planet, Jenna and Alexa settled on this rough payment plan.  A couple of clarifiers:  The hotel was because I needed to be back in Detroit for work on Sunday and needed a place to stay.  I ended up leaving earlier so that I could get let into to apartment by the management.  The Vera Bradley is a little pouch connected to the keys.  The Keys still haven't found their way home yet, so Jenna and Alexa have started to replace things.  This is actually a pretty accurate estimate, minus the hotel, if you lose your keys.  The cost for the car key and apartment keys is flipped. 
Moral of the Story: Don't lose your keys, it's an expensive hassle.  Just ask Jenna and Alexa

Us at Sandy Pines!!
Our crew: Mark, Brittany, Ben, Anna, and Alexa
Just playing on the swings.  Note to our readers, swings are less fun now, then when we were kids.  More nauseating too...
Hot day + small child + ice cream = this
We went to Brittany's high school friend's wedding this past weekend.  Here is Brittany, Michelle(the bride), and our friend Alyson.  Alyson is home for a couple weeks from California, so that is pretty cool.  Michelle's wedding was beautiful, like something out of a magazine.  My only complaint: it was about 95 degrees with 95% humidity and no breezzzzzeeee.  For those of you who know me, I start to sweat when I peel an orange, so needless to say, I was a sweaty messsssssss.  It was rough. 
This is senor Hansen.  He came over and made us this delicious authentic Spanish meal.  We had goat cheese, churizzo, payaya(sp?), and some other stuff.  It was so good.  Senor Hansen teaches spanish at Plainwell high school. He is also the most interesting man alive.  World traveler, plays frisbee, home brews, and is just plain cool!!
Alexa and Ben just acting casual
This is me describing how much I love Bell's Oberon(in moderation, of course).  Brittany decided to perch on me :)
So that is our life in a picture summary!

- Mark

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes.....

    1 - the cancer treatment was so, so scary and you both were incredible troopers. I so wish I could have taken on that burden for you.

    2 - Andrew Hansen IS just about the most interesting man alive and I need you both to help me figure out how we can betroth him to one of your sisters :-).

    Love,
    Mom Sheets

    ReplyDelete