Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Answered Prayer

(This is Brittany) God IS good and knows just what we need. Today I met with the director of my PA program at Wayne, and it literally could not have gone better. I was really nervous (sometimes I forget that my professors are human - they do a really good job of being professional and no-nonsense, which is very intimidating), but she was awesome. She was so reassuring that they would work with me, and that my health was top priority. She was just so kind, and talked about if for some reason I was unable to come back this year, that I would have a spot in next years class (without having to reapply). It was SO reassuring, and I just felt a huge peace and weight lifted after our meeting. I am going to try my hardest to keep up in school, and it would be such a bummer to have to wait another year, but I am going to get healthy, and beat this darn cancer! That was one thing we needed prayer for, so it was awesome to see how that prayer was answered so quickly and perfectly.

Here are some pictures from today:

Amazing flowers that some girls in my class got me! They are awesome, and beautiful, and smell wonderful. Recognize the colors? They are our exact wedding colors!
Here are some flower stickers we got from Meijer that we have stuck on our wall. I understand that putting huge stickers on your wall is kind of tacky, but I think they are really pretty, and it was a super cheap way to brighten things up. There is one more on the other wall too.  Borcherts - thats your table and chair :) thanks again!
Here is Mark baking a cake. Yayyy. He keeps coming over and "making" me taste things, and its tasting pretty fabulous! We decided that cake baking was not a good hobby after we lived in Texas and started baking cakes all the time, and then being "forced" to eat them all by our selves, and it was making us fat. So we made an executive decision to only bake cakes for special occasions. Guess cancer counts!

So, just thought I would thank everyone for your prayers. We are heading back to the West side of the state tomorrow after class, and going to have dinner with Mark's parents in Holland. Then I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am on Friday! Eeeek!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Britt! It's been a long time since we've ran into each other (since Spartan-town) but I stumbled upon your blog via FB and couldn't believe your story. You are already inspiring me with your positive outlook and I appreciate you and Mark sharing your hearts openly for God to use in the lives of others. Lighting you and this darn cancer high in prayer. Keep smiling that beautiful smile... God is near!

    Lovies,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brytt I LOVE YOU!!!! Your and Mark's blog makes me laugh and cry all at the same time. I love you so much!!!!!! I am praying for you every opportunity I get and have a bunch of friends praying alongside us all. MISS YOU. XOXOXOOXOX Keep your happy positive spirits up!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete