Tuesday, November 8, 2011

R.I.P. Chariot of Doom

I know it doesn’t look bad, but it’s totaled. The wheel is moved completely out of place and locked. Everything behind it is destroyed, probably through to the motor. The driver side door is jammed shut. Best part? Just had a ton of work done behind that wheel, invested hundreds of dollars. New struts, new ball joint, and a new controller arm. All broken in the accident.


One thing I learned in the accident: I am stronger than my car! Hahaha, not really. I’m incredibly blessed to have zero injuries from the accident. God protected me. And the other driver too.

PSA- put down the cell phone. Just do it. This whole situation could have been prevented by a teenage girl just putting down the phone. That text, that call, that picture isn’t worth it. It’s not worth the damages and it’s definitely not worth injury.

I cringed as I watched my car skid onto the platform with the wheels cocked to the side and not rolling.
Sad day. Lots of good memories in this bad boy.

You might be asking yourself, “What is a Chariot of Doom?” Let me tell you. That is what I named this beautiful piece of American engineering. People kept calling it a station wagon, but I knew this little guy had more in it’s heart and soul then taking kids to and from soccer practice. You might see a station wagon. But I see a verrrrrry small truck. Picture a truck with a topper on the bed. Now shrink that to the size of a car. I hauled stuff to and from school, to and from work sites, long hauls to and from Texas loaded with cargo. You tell me how that isn’t a truck.  And why shouldn't it have a name that reflects it's personality?

I sold the car to a scrap yard. Bummer. They don’t pay very well, but my car wasn’t worth much. So I guess all is fair. However, there was a shred of poetic justice in this situation. The scrap yard is an old drive in movie theater. The massive screen still stands as a monument of a bygone era, a place where people drove their vehicles to escape from reality for an evening. Now, it’s a headstone. A headstone that marks the final resting place of these very vehicles.

R.I.P.
Chariot of Doom
2001-2011
“Beloved little truck, stuck in a dainty little body”



Stayed tuned, next post: “So His grace may abound”

2 comments: