Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My husband is amazing....

Well, this is literally the worst scheduled week in PA school (lots of tests and a dreaded write up) and I was feeling so overwhelmed with so many things at the beginning of the week with lots of things. I had a melt down on the phone on Monday night with Mark, and was a brat in all honesty. Here is the e-mail I woke up to Tuesday (I took out a few specifics)...

Hey babygirl-


I know that the past couple of days have been trying and it's been exceedingly difficult to deal with certian situations that have been frustrating. I wish I could take that away, but I also think that this is a good time to take a step back and just realize who God is, and that He hasn't changed in this situation. He is still the God that has brought us to and from Texas, through our long distance engagement, through our simple life, through cancer, through our first year of marriage, to and through PA school and so many other things I can't list right now.

He laid the foundations of the earth, He sits over the heaven and earth on His throne, He measured the waters in His hand, He numbered the stars, He weighed the mountains in His scales, He authored Justice. Our problems are like a drop of water in a bucket to Him, or dust on a scale. He holds the world in His hands and oversees everything.

My point is, let's take some time and realize that God is bigger than this. Lets cast aside our idols of a perfect life, or a life that's easier, or a better position, or whatever it is, and just realize God is in control and we can take confidence in that. He hasn't forgotten us. He has something set aside for us to flurish in. Even though it isn't easy, we can rest in God together.

I love you so much baby girl. I hope that today goes great! I'm praying for the Lord to grant you new mercies today(Lam 3:22-23). You are so amazing and I'm so blessed by you :)


Marky
Isaiah 40:25-31
To whom then will you compare me,
that I should be like him? says the Holy One.
Lift up your eyes on high and see:
who created these?
He who brings out their host by number,
calling them all by name,
by the greatness of his might,
and because he is strong in power
not one is missing.
Why do you say, O Jacob,
and speak, O Israel,
My way is hidden from the Lord,
and my right is disregarded by my God??
Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength.
Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings mlike eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.

Isn't he amazing?
Yeah, Im preeeetttty lucky.
And God brought us the storm of the decade and Wayne is closed tomorrow. It is literally the most exciting thing ever, and could NOT have been better timed. Praise God!

Love,
Brittany

1 comment:

  1. You are right, cookie - he is DEFINITELY a keeper and you are blessed. His faith and love and wisdom are amazing. I know I sound prejudiced as his mother-in-law, but, as you know from having me around for a quarter of a century, I call it like it is. You chose well, honey. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete