Monday, March 22, 2010

"Mountian" Biking

Just thought I would post some pictures from mountian biking. Someone from down here corrected me and reminded me that there are no mountians down here, so we rode mountian bikes doing mountian biking type things, in flat west Texas. BUT, they do have a great course and it was sooo fun, and such a great workout!

Oh yeah, we got biking jerseys! Mine is not nascar (which my mom thought it was when I showed it to her on the webcam) but is Abilene Biking Club (which you have to become a member to use the course), and Marks was his Valentines day prasent, and is the Team Discovery one. He is pretty much obsessed with it, and loves how he looks in it :) Now we are just saving for some nice shorts!

(above) This is the start of the course....notice the catus on the right and the sign that says "watch for rattlesnakes", not quite like Michigan biking!
(below L) Me at the top of this drop, I was a total wuss, and needed a pep talk to get down it, but I finally made it!
(below middle) Me coming up the other side so pumped that I survived
(below R) Mark on this jump looking all cool.
Love,
Brittany
:)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie - Oh, dear, this blog makes me nervous. Given your broken bone history with HS sports, and your propensity to develop major tropical viruses due to other "adventures," I am not sure quite what is possessing you to ride your bike anywhere near a sign that says to beware of rattlesnakes. And then that hill! Oh my. Certainly they make snake-free, padded parks and trails for such adventures. I like it better when you and Mark play online Monopoly with the MI crowd and go to the nice, safe gym for your exercise. However, I must admit, Mark looks very cool in his biking shirt. You, however, still look like a Nascar wan-na-be. :-) Can't wait to see you TOMORROW!!!!!!!! YAY!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. GREAT photos, by the way. The one of Mark airborne going over that little skinny bridge should be in a biking magazine! Wish you wouldn't sit on the rocks even for photo opps - snakes lurk there!!!!

    ReplyDelete